We believe in one God in three persons, three persons in one God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Our God created the whole universe in six days. On the sixth day, he made the crown of his creation, people!
God made everything perfect, but the first two people acted contrary to God's will and plunged the world into sin.
Those who do what is contrary to God's will have no hope of eternal life.
God promised to fix what the first people ruined, by sending his Son to take our place.
His Son, Jesus, lived a perfect life and suffered the punishment you deserved!
Because of Jesus, eternally life belongs to all who believe in his name!
We learn all we need to know about Jesus and our salvation is in God's Word, the Bible.
Through God's Word, Baptism, and the Lord's Supper, the Holy Spirit works in us to give us faith and leads us to live holy lives!
The gift of our Savior Jesus, is for all people. We want you to know!
For a more detailed confession see our Synod's Website!
Good Shepherd Evangelical Church, as a member of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
, is a congregation of men, women and children united in faith and worship by the Holy Word of the Triune God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit), and exists to make disciples for Christ of lost souls, as well as to nurture believers in their life of Christian service, all through the use of the Gospel and for the glory of our Triune God.
The objectives of each member of the Good Shepherd Ev. Lutheran Church in carrying out the above mission are:
- To testify to the Truth of God as fully revealed in the inspired, inerrant, infallible Holy Scriptures and articulated in the Lutheran Confessions.
- To help each member grow and mature in the faith through public worship and life-long study of the Word of God.
- To encourage and equip each member for the applications of their faith in lives of Christian service for the Lord, His Church and His world.
- To seize every opportunity the Lord provides to evangelize lost souls in our community and to help the WELS establish ministering churches through the world.
- To recruit and encourage candidates qualified for the preaching and teaching ministry and support their continuing education so that the Word of God is proclaimed faithfully and effectively in accord with the Lutheran Confessions.